Re: Basic MGTD maintance questions...

To: "James T. Dunn" <103606.744@CompuServe.COM>, mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Basic MGTD maintance questions...
From: Skip Kelsey <kelsey@value.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 07:36:09 -0700
James:

For the diff. in the TD, use SAE 90 hypoid only. It should clearly state
this. In the transmission get some Redline MTL SAE 75/90. This is a
synthetic oil that is made specificaly for manual transmissions. It lubes
better and cooler. Modern Hypoid oil is not designed for transmissions
containing brass parts. And will attack your syncros if gotten to a
prescribed temerature. In your 165X15 tires I like 32 PSI.

Cheers: