Re: Strange Days Indeed

To: thomas_pokrefke@juno.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Strange Days Indeed
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 1997 00:21:13 -0400 (EDT)

<< Left the drive-in and headed south.  I had about 90 miles until I arrived
 at school, and I was thoroughly entertained by the smell of the pine
 trees, the warm wind, and the bright moon overhead.  10 miles out I could
 begin to smell the ocean on the gulf breezes.  All too soon, I was safely
 within the limits of Hattiesburg.

Tom, I had many experiences like this in the late '50's as I drove my TD from
my home in Kentwood, La. to LSU in Baton Rouge....almost every Sunday night I
made that drive listening to Jack Benny on the radio and occasionally
operating the windshild wipers by hand......glad to hear things haven't
changed much!!
Cheers
Terry