Midgets Update III

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Midgets Update III
From: Aron Travis <atravis@spacey.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 14:37:24 -0700
$$$$$$ fix car.

And since I don't have any, the '78 is just being slowly disassembled.
The left side suspension is in real good condition, which is kind of a
mixed blessing as all these parts seems to be better deals in sets.
Most of the brakes seem quite new, except for the rotors. They measure
0.24 with a minimum of 0.29, so there's a corner that the previous owner
cut.
The front springs didn't come off as they were suposed to. Being a
rubber bumper Midget these springs are longer, so even with the a-arm
pointing straight down the springs were still slightly compressed. I
just levered them off for the final removal, but it felt kinda dangerous.
I'm sure that I'm going to put in shorter springs so they should go back
the way that they're supposed to.
Since I knew that I was going to do all this I have been soaking all the
fasteners in WD-40 and Liquid Wrench for days, everything came apart well
except the hubs/rotors (still stuck).
Both the factory and Haynes manuals seem to fall short of information...
I'll put my questions on another post.

-Aron Travis-
"always in a automotive frenzy"