SU HS2 Question

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: SU HS2 Question
From: Mark Endicott <endicott@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 09:17:47 -0700
In a vain attempt by the previous owner (just prior to my purchase)
noticed that the car had a backfire problem and tried to "tune" it out
by turning the jet adjustment screws on the carbs.  I later found out
that was caused by the air injection system. However the carbs now need
to be reset.  I have read the information in the Haynes Manual and it
says to do the following if you need to start over:

"Stop the engine and screw the jet adjustment nuts of each carburettor
upwards so that the jets are level with the BRIDGE of the carburettors,
or as near as possible.  Check that both of the jets are at the same
level and then unscrew each adjustment downwards by two complete turns,
(12 flats)."

I have already done all of the other stuff, ignition, valves, plugs
,etc. and am ready to tackle the carbs.  I have read Roger Garnett's
info on SU's and think that I understand the principals involved.

My question (for today) is what is the "BRIDGE" and is this what you
experienced SU people would do?

Thanks
Mark Endicott
70 Midget