Re: SU HS2 Question

To: Mark Endicott <endicott@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: SU HS2 Question
From: TJ Noto <tjn@rahul.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 08:36:53 -0700
Mark Endicott wrote:

> My question (for today) is what is the "BRIDGE" and is this what you
> experienced SU people would do?

The "bridge" is the aluminum part of the carb body in which the jets
sit.  Basically they're telling you to screw the jet up until it's
just flush (even)with the bottom of the carb.  It's a good place
to start.

As far as what I'd do....given the hundreds of hours I've spent
bent over a pair of SUs....I'd consider myself experienced....and
I'd start there.....you're going to need to drop them down quite
a bit....if you've got stock needles....but I can't tell you much
more than that....SUs are wonderfully simple, but terribly inefficient
by modern standards...and IMHO they need to be too rich in order
to make the car run properly.

Regards,

--
TJ Noto         Palo Alto       CA              USA
http://www.rahul.net/tjn