Re: Prepping a B for Hell.

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Prepping a B for Hell.
From: The Richards <smrm@coastalnet.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 22:30:07 -0500
So far as Water Wetter is concerned, I used it in a Jensen Interceptor (a
car that creates its own hellish heat without Ma Nature's help) without
noticable improvement. I've been told that modern antifreeze/coolant does
the same thing as WW. With a B, common sense rules. Good oil cooler (not
much direct temp help, perhaps, but a happy motor is a cooler motor) good
radiator with 160deg thermostat, and perhaps a good electric fan. Another,
if somewhat drastic, thought is to have louvers cut into the bonnet/hood.
Getting cool air to carbs might not help the car run cooler, but it will
help to alleviate one of the symptoms of high temp.

Michael, New Bern, NC