Re: Alternator failure

To: Couchmen@aol.com
Subject: Re: Alternator failure
From: larryhoy@juno.com (Larry A Hoy)
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 11:56:50 EDT
Roy, I had a similar experiance.  I replaced my alternator 3 times.  The
first one I paid for the second two the parts house paid for.

I asked them if *anything* I have done could have caused the problem,
they said no, *nothing* on the car could have caused the problem.  They
said sometimes this happens  .........  I suspect poor rebuilds.

Cheers,
Larry Hoy
1969 MGB Roadster
1987 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas
1976 MGB Parting out
On Wed, 30 Apr 1997 11:35:47 -0400 (EDT) Couchmen@aol.com writes:
>The alternator on my '79 B recently broke/burnt out/stopped working and
was
>replaced by a garage.  The new one also failed within about 100 miles.
The
>garage said it was a bad alternator and replaced it (free of charge).
This