Re: TD Floorboard Screws

To: Skip Kelsey <kelsey@value.net>
Subject: Re: TD Floorboard Screws
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 21:48:40 -0400
Skip Kelsey wrote:

> Sorry Geoff:
>
> I thought he wanted to know what the factory put the floorboards down with.
> If wood screws work for you, then my hat is off to you.
>
> Good luck:
>
> Skip........At 07:51 PM 4/30/97 -0400, The English Connection wrote:
> >Skip Kelsey wrote:
> >
> >> The screws for the floorboard of a TD or TF are 1/4 BSFX5/8 long or
> >> 1/4BSFX
> >> about 1 1/8 long.There are NO wood screws.
> >
> >There are on my car, and on every T-series car I restore. I put them in
> >whether it's original or not.
> >
> >Geoff Love.

Skip,
   Since my TD had been Volvoized when I got it, I had to look at quite
a few cars to see how things were supposed to be. I never saw a TD that
did not have wood screws at the outboard edges of the floorboards. These
are obviously in addition to the machine screws at the inboard, front
and rear edges. Are you saying that the outboard edges of the
floorboards were left to float?

Bud Krueger
'52TD