Re: Oil in Transmission-Midgets

To: hologothic@msn.com, atravis@spacey.net
Subject: Re: Oil in Transmission-Midgets
From: Spook37211@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 16:07:46 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-04-28 17:05:53 EDT, hologothic@msn.com (john ruse)
writes:

<< here, I'll put my hand up for hypoid 90.

 I've been rebuilding these things for longer than I care to remember and if
 they went wrong due to using the wrong oil, then it would cost me!

 The fact is, as proved by the responses that you've had, it really isn't
that
 critical. Go for something different like Penrite 40. Unless you live
 somewhere continually very hot or very cold. A gearbox is absolutely nothing

 like an engine. In terms of engineering tolerances they are dinosaurs.

 john >>
Hmmmmmmmmmmm 90 weight in an MG gearbox.........That shift in the winter (as
in 40 deg F) is gonna be a bitch.
Done that been there............ain't going back.
Ray