Re: Mystery Parts on 72 Midget

To: "Steven A. McGee, Esq." <samesq@pacbell.net>,
Subject: Re: Mystery Parts on 72 Midget
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 20:55:15 -0400
I don't think the original reference was to the silver can that mounts in
the right side of the trunk, but to the plastic tee that comes out of a
grommet on the right side of the trunk wall (below the panel between the
cockpit and trunk.  Actually, it's next to the right wheel well.
I just finished a restoration on a '73 Midget, and I wondered what the tee
was for, too.  There is a short plastic tube attached to the bottom of the
tee under the car, but the tube doesn't go anywhere, and I didn't find
anyplace obvious for it to go.  Curious.