Re: Midget - seat removal?

To: <cfiddes@direct.ca>, "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Midget - seat removal?
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 May 97 14:00:48 -0400
>Hi folks.
>
>As I spend more time driving my recently purchased '76 Midget I'm
>starting to identify the little things that need some tinkering.
>
>My seats seem to "squirm" a little in their guide rails and I'd like
>to take a look at what's going on under there but haven't figured out
>how to remove the seats. Haven't really gone sleuthing yet, just
>figured I'd ask the list.
>
>Anyone have a second to fill me in?
>Thanks.
>
>Chris
>'76 Midget
First there are two bolts under the car at the front of the seat. take
these out. Second, slide the seat to the front and tip to the
steeringwheel. there are two bolts in the back of the rails, get to them
from the inside of the car. disconnect the seatbelt light connector and
lift. The rails may be bent or worn or maybe thebolts are loose or
missing.

Larry Macy
78 Midget