Daves Odious Austin / Saga of the B

To: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch), mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Daves Odious Austin / Saga of the B
From: Paul Parkanzky <p-parkanzky@onu.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 May 1997 17:01:19 -0400
>He deeply hurt my feelings by telling me his opinion of it.
>"Butt-Ugly" were his exact words.

David,
        Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  If you love her, that's all
that matters.
        Also, I'd like to happily report to everyone that the B has been
recovered.  If you recall, a friend and my 74 1/2 B was stolen in Columbus
several months ago.  It has now been recovered (in an impound yard).  We had
to pay over $600 to get it out (out of pocket, my friend didn't have theft
insurance), and on inspection by our friendly MG guru Randy, it seems that
no more than one year and 8,000 miles after its last $1500+ rebuild, it will
need another.  You see, we did most of the rebuild ourselves and left only
the machining and reassembly to "a professional" (not Randy).  It seems that
this reassembly was done improperly and we will now have to go through the
entire ordeal again (at least rings, and a piston or two.  Probably a new
cam and some other expensive bits).  Thankfully, June 1, I will move into my
new apartment complete with a private attached garage.  Just a note to the
list to let off some steam.  Thanks for putting up with my gripes.  Take
care all and Safety Fast.

Paul Parkanzky
Ohio Northern University
p-parkanzky@onu.edu