Re: Tell me it aint so!

To: Jim Buckley <buckley@mesa7.mesa.colorado.edu>
Subject: Re: Tell me it aint so!
From: TJ Noto <tjn@rahul.net>
Date: Wed, 07 May 1997 08:10:20 -0700
Jim Buckley wrote:

> Please tell me there is an easy way.  Temp/oil guage is obviously in need

Sorry Jim...there's no easy way....you've got to pull the whole thing
out
first from the head, and then feed it through the firewall and dash.  Of
course
if you're going to have it rebuilt you could just cut the "capillary
tube"
with some dikes and not worry about it...which is what I did.

I sent mine out through O'Connor Classics who sent it to a place that
rebuilt it very nicely, new tube, new inert gas and all.  It's been
working
for years, although I suspect the "temperature" part of the gauge is not
the most accurate device in the world.

Any other early B/Sprite owners have opinions on these things?  I can't
believe my car is running as hot as the thing sometimes indicates.

Regards,

--
TJ Noto         Palo Alto       CA              USA
http://www.rahul.net/tjn