RE: Fuel Guage - calibration?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Fuel Guage - calibration?
From: as@boris.umds.ac.uk (A.D.Smith)
Date: Thu, 8 May 1997 10:28:10 +0100
>>> From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
>>> Subject: RE: Fuel Guage - calibration?
>>> To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>

>>> replacing the sender unit in the tank would probably fix the problem.

Assuming sender, voltage stab. and wiring is in order, there is another option
to buying a new gauge.  I seem to remember seeing on the back of my fuel gauge
a couple of limit adjusters that can be moved around with a screwdriver to
adjust the end points of the movement.  They may be inside the case rather
than on the back, I can't remember offhand.

Essentially the fuel gauge is a voltmeter, and these two endpoint adjusters
allow you to set the points at which the "full" and "empty" voltages register
on the gauge.

Can't do much about the non-linearity though, so it might still read half
full when there's only about a 1/4 in there.

Andy

Andy Castellano Smith.            | a.d.smith@umds.ac.uk
Computational Imaging Science.    | http://www-ipg.umds.ac.uk/a.d.smith/
9th Floor, Capital House          | tel. : 0171 940 9103
42 Weston Street, London SE1 3QD. | fax. : 0171 378 7480

       1977 Chrome Bumper Midget "Mungo" for short.
DPO of 1975 Rubber Bumper Midget "Mary"  for short.