Re: coils

To: britcars@juno.com
Subject: Re: coils
From: Shane Rudkin <shanerudkin@advertise4u.com>
Date: Fri, 09 May 1997 09:54:30 -0700
Lawrie,

We were always taught to mount the coils upside down for two reasons...

#1. To protect the terminals from unwanted settling of dust, oil that
sorta thing....

#2. Somting to do with am radio interfereance... i now know however
'after becoming a mech engineer' that this isnt true..... thats what the
capasitor that comes with the coil is for isnt it?????

Neither of these reasons have ever made me put one in upside down, but
you cannot effect the coils working by mounting it differently... its
solid state!!!!!!

They do look better u/s/d under the bonet of a mini... :)

Hope ive bin some help....

Shane

Rudkin Investment Advertising
Sales: Shane Rudkin