FW: Re: TD Floorboard Screws

To: mgs
Subject: FW: Re: TD Floorboard Screws
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 17:20:35 -0600 (MDT)
[BOUNCE mgs@Autox.Team.Net:     global taboo body match "/<HTML>/i" at line 50]

     Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 21:53:15 -0400
     From: The English Connection <engconn@pottsville.infi.net>
     Subject: Re: TD Floorboard Screws

Skip Kelsey wrote:

> Sorry Geoff:
>
> I thought he wanted to know what the factory put the floorboards down with.
> If wood screws work for you, then my hat is off to you.
>
> Good luck:
>
> Skip........At 07:51 PM 4/30/97 -0400, The English Connection wrote:
>
> >Skip Kelsey wrote:
> >
> >> The screws for the floorboard of a TD or TF are 1/4 BSFX5/8 long or
> >> 1/4BSFX
> >> about 1 1/8 long.There are NO wood screws.
> >
> >There are on my car, and on every T-series car I restore. I put them in
> >whether it's original or not.
> >
> >Geoff Love.

 Skip, I think you are missing the crux of the original question.  It
was , "What are the screws which hold down the outer edge of the
floorboards in a T-Series car".  The key word is outer.  On the outer
edge there is no provision for a caged nut and bolt arrangement in a
metal body component as there is on both the inner and rear edges of the
floorboards, where as you rightly say BSF machine screws are used. For
attachment purposes,  the outside edges of the floorboards can only be
made conveniently by using wood screws spaced approximately the same as
the inner bolts and fastened into the thick ash longeron side member.

Geoff Love.