Re: cylinnder head modifications

To: Howard Young <HYOUNG@dhhmail.dhh.state.la.us>
Subject: Re: cylinnder head modifications
From: EMILY COWEN <ecowen@cln.etc.bc.ca>
Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 02:05:50 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Howard Young!!

On Fri, 9 May 1997, Howard Young wrote:

>        try "The Theory and Pracctice of Cylinder Head Modification" by
> David Vizard......i guess its still in print ...mine is a 1973 2nd ed.......no

Yup, I've got it.  That's the book that convinced me to buy Vizard's
"Tuning BL's A-Series eEngine"; app. $65 Can.  I'm going to try some of
his manifold stuff on the "B".

> applicable to b series . u may even be able to enlarge the templates to

His info on valve shrouding, rimflow valves, and valve pocket porting is
certainly transferrable from the A-series (small block) to the B-series
(big block).  Both the A-series, and the B-series share a common design
for the intake manifold, so his changes should work.

> use on a b series. only diagrams, templates i ever saw for b series
> was in an obscure MG/MGA tuning manual i have a Xeroxed copy of

Yeah, I bought BOTH editions of those BMC factory tuning manuals, and
both of them are very dated compared to Vizard's stuff.

What I can't figure out is that given the number of "B"'s produced,
there should be a ton of GOOD tuning info out there, but there isn't.
Man, if I was running a Midget, I'd have lots of good things to do to
the head/manifold.  Imagine 120+ hp in a mini...  reliably!!

TTUL8r, Kirk Cowen