Re: Voltmeter/Ampmeter-MGA

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Voltmeter/Ampmeter-MGA
From: Kelvin Dodd <kdodd@west.net>
Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 07:59:45 -0800
Scott:
                                                        Hooking up an ammeter
usually requires running heavy current into
the cockpit.  There is a design of ammeter that uses a shunt which is
located in the engine compartment, but if remember it was pricey.  A
voltmeter is a piece of cake to install and will give useful
information.  The only tough part is finding a good location to mount
the guage where it will not be in the way.
                                                        I got carried away with
guages when I built my V6 MGBGT.  I built
a custom dash with Ammeter, Voltmeter, Fuel Pressure (only hooked up
when testing) Oil Temperature guages.  It looks flashy, but I would not
do it again.  I'm getting more simplistic with age (did I say that
right?).  On the next redo, I'm going in with a stock dash and wiring
harness.  I learnt an incredible amount when building my own electrical
system, I learnt that the factory did a pretty good job!

Kelvin.