MG-BGT

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MG-BGT
From: HARTLEY_MC@Acadmn.Mercer.EDU
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 00:56:02 -0400 (EDT)

I have run across a 1971 MG-BGT.  The car has a straight body,
absolutely no rust.  The paint is so-so, minor chipping in some places.
Beautiful interior, but there is a clock in the center console
(aftermarket?) right in front of the gearshift.  All gauges seem to
work.  Engine runs great,
drives well.  There are no shimmies or unusual noises at 60 mph.  No
overdrive.  There is a strange noise originating in the front right
fender area that sounds like rubbing between 0-5 mph.  That is the only
noise I heard aside from a wonderful exhaust tone.  The car has bolt on
minilites.  Also has possible body damage in the front right fender area
based upon a much shinier fender as compared to the rest of the car.
Comes with all shop manuals.  The car is at a seedy looking used car
store and I'm looking for the PO.  The used car dealership is the only
thing that makes me uncomfortable with the car which is why I'm looking
for the PO.

What is a good price for the car?  The man wants $2800 and claims to
have $2500 in the car, but I have my doubts.  The car is a local car.

Thanks in advance for the advice,
Mike Hartley
hartley_mc@acadmn.mercer.edu

Date sent:  12-MAY-1997 00:44:37