Re: Engin overhaul

To: Mike Lewellen <mlewellen@fruit.com>
Subject: Re: Engin overhaul
From: Aron Travis <atravis@spacey.net>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 12:15:08 -0700
Mike Lewellen wrote:
> people make reference to "hot tanking" a block but I'm not real sure I
> know I know what they mean.

Hot tanking is a cleaning process. The block is soaked in a hot
pressurized chemical solution. I think Kerosene is the main ingrediant,
but every machine shop has their own way.

>I remember when I was a kid and people
> would refer to "blueprinting" an engine.  I'm not sure what it was ( or
> is!) but it was definitely good!!

Blueprinting is when you make sure everything is within specs., and
equal between cylinders. Kind of a vague term.....really means you're
being extra careful.

-Aron Travis-
"always in a automotive frenzy"