My Carlisle Trip

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: My Carlisle Trip
From: Jim Brucato <Gone4sure@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 17:42:57 -0400
Hello All
          Since i didn't recieve a little Alfa Romeo on Sunday afternoon, I
take it that my tickets for it were not the right one's. OR,, DD is driving
around Long Island in it himself :) .
          I met up with DD and the rest of the west bounders on the turnpike
as they had arranged. It was last minute for me, so I may have been a
surprise to them. It seems from all the comments I had gotten about driving
my poor little 64B at speeds in excess of 70 mph with no OD and a 3 main
engine, That this is not quite the norm. IT's all new news to me, I figure
that as long as the temps down and the pressure is up and steady that all
would be fine. Any others drive their 3 main  "B" at these speeds ?  What's
4000 rpm to a tough engine like this. Don't they redline much higher ?
          All I can say as for my INDY trip of last year, my car is keeping
the faith, and broke down about 10 miles outside of Carlisle, And DD was
nice enough to come back when he noticed I wasn't there, Who says DD isn't a
nice guy,, NOT ME !!!  Also Mark in his Jag, and Mike in his Jeep.
          I really enjoyed my short stay there, had to leave on Sat pm due
to Mothers day at home and other things too. I made some good buys, the amco
center console, and others I should have left alone,,,,,but you know how it
is some times :), I just wanted 'em.
          I could not have hooked up with a better crowd then the one I was
with, and thanks to all for making my weekend better. I hope to do this more
this year if work permits it. For those of you who couldn't make it, I could
say the weather was lousy, it was cold, it was wet driving out there with
top down most the way, we just drove faster! It helped, Plus I wasn't the
only one doing it either. First time this year for me to get a good drive, I
just had to!

later All
Jim Brucato
1964 B  enjoying the nice weather finally
1972 B  sleeping in NJ, Awaiting a rebirth