Re: Wiper switch mystery

To: Matt.Kulka@hboc.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Wiper switch mystery
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 23:52:04 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-05-12 15:39:47 EDT, Matt.Kulka@hboc.com (Matt Kulka)
writes:

<< I pulled off steering column cover of my '74 B this weekend (to get the
horn working).  In the process I happened to
 bump my wiper lever in a new direction, and was surprised to find that it
has some sort of forward/backward switch
 positions just like the dimmer switch on the turn signal lever.  Can anyone
shed some light on this? >>

< My guess?  It was cheaper to manufacture a single switch, so the turn
signal and wiper switches are actually the same
 part with a few springs moved around. >

Yes, you are correct. All of the wiper switches ahve the overdrive contacts
regardless of whether or not you have overdrive for a number of years.

R. Johnson - Dallas

'90 Maine Coon
'79 Midget
'76 Midget