Re: EGR valve threading for O2 sensor?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: EGR valve threading for O2 sensor?
From: Mark Moburg <markmoburg@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 11:40:53 -0400 (EDT)
At 06:19 PM 5/9/97 -0400, you wrote:

>  Admittedly, that's perhaps as far as my use of the
>O2 sensor will ever get.
>
>  But my search is actually with the possible plan of
>converting to a Bosch Jettronic fuel injection system.
>
>  There is a quick article in British Car magazine
>from a few years back about adding this same system
>to a Zenith-equipped B. It's not that big of a deal
>really.
>
>  I am sort of working through what it would take to
>do the same thing to my Zenith-equipped Midget 1500. I
>worked in embedded controllers for a few years so
>the possibility of managing engine performance via
>software is a lot more inviting than doing it via
>trial and error on a Zenith or a Weber.
>
>  (oh the times, they are a changin')
===Reply===

I still have the articles (a 2-parter) about fuel-injecting the B.  If you'd
like I can copy & snail-mail to you.  As I recollect, the author used a
throttle-body injection system from a Renault Fuego.  It was an older
D-Jetronic or K-Jetronic (don't remember which) system.  I don't recall
whether it used an O2 sensor.  Seemed to be a fairly easy conversion, if you
understood the electronics.  The author was using an oscilloscope to check
the injection pulse width, at which point my eyeballs started rotating in my
head.  As far as I'm concerned, certain things are off-limits:  electronics,
differentials and automatic transmissions!

Mark Moburg
markmoburg@mindspring.com