Re: Engine/tranny Is Out! My Thanks... (a tad long)

To: elkhart@juno.com, arm@unix.infoserve.net
Subject: Re: Engine/tranny Is Out! My Thanks... (a tad long)
From: Jay Quinn <jpquinn@cyberramp.net>
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 11:21:34 -0500
I used both, and adjusted the length on the chain to equal
the load as much as possible.  But yes, the forward bolt
does get the right angles indeed.

We did have to man handle it a bit to get the
remote control part of the transmission to clear the
car.

Still, I was quite nervous.  I was waiting to see something snap and
the engine and tranny come crashing down on my car and create
lots of desctruction.

But they held just fine.  Much to my surprise.  My neighbor calcualted
that the valve cover bolts could hold 450 LBS each.

Other valves were quite puckered during the process.  IT was pretty
neat though.  Not something I want to make a habit over a week end.

--
Jay Quinn       '62 Austin Healey MKII Sprite
Systems Engineer