Re:At wits end

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re:At wits end
From: "Christopher G. Moog" <cgmoog@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 17:22:36 -0400
I retreived the Haynes manual.  The Con Rods are offset to clear the
cam.  There does not seem to be other offsets (pistons, pins, etc.).  If
this is so (if not don't do this can someone else confirm this)
I would carefully remove the cap from the offending ConRod.  Reverse
this rod (so that the front of the piston is toward the rear.  Carefully
bolt up the cap.  Make sure that the rod runs straight from the piston
to the crank (not angled foward or rearward).  With the pan off slowly
rotate the engine observing the rods, cam, and piston pins.  Make sure
none of the rods contact the cam, none of the connecting rods are
pushing against the pistons.  Since the cam is rotating at half engine
speed rotate through at least two revolutions.  If there is no problems
you should be done.  Good luck