Re: Tinker toy MGB top

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Tinker toy MGB top
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 17:27:34 -0500 (CDT)
You wrote:

>At 10:18 PM 5/18/97 -0400, you wrote:
>>To all,
>>
>>What years was the MGB tinker toy top frame used?
>>
>>R. Johnson - Dallas

>Just out of high school, I had a '66B that had a stow-away top. I
loved it.
>It was very simple to use and store. So, I replaced the top on my
early '74
>B with a stow-away. I'll never go back!
>Craig Wiper

I put a stow away on the 66B just prior to selling it and the purchaser
declined the, new top  option, in order to get a reduced price. I use
the white stow-away and the fold down Black Mohair Canvas on my,
British Racing Green, 75 MGB. When I was down in the Carolina's
recently for "The Gathering" weekend, I switched from black to white
with a brief top down period in between. I confused a few people.I also
have a removal hardtop for it. So my car has 3 different hats to wear.
The 2 B projects are going to be black (the 79, also being chrome
bumper retrofitted) and white (the 76). The stow away will end up on
one of those and I'll most likely get another stowaway type hood in
black for the other.

Someone earlier mentioned that he trying to use the hood from a fold
down on the stow-away hardware and having difficulties. They are a
different shape with the stow-away having a higher arch which allows
for more head room.
Safety Fast,
David Deutsch