Re: Delco conversion

To: Larry A Hoy <larryhoy@juno.com>, dlg7@webtv.net
Subject: Re: Delco conversion
From: Tom Shirley <tshirley@voy.net>
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 22:27:28 -0400
Hi Larry,

Don't know much about Bs but here is an attempt at drawing my mounts
that I constructed. You'll need to expand this post to full page to see
the drawing correctly.

                                ______________
        Alternator hangs from this end >_____________
\    |
straight down                                \ \   |
                                              \ \  |
                                               \ \ |
                                                \ \| Engine block
                                                  0|

                                ____________________
                                ____________________0

                                The dashed line above is supposed to represent
                                the slotted adjustment bar. "0" represents bolt
heads.

To put this into words, the bracket I made holds the alternator from the
front and back. The crude attempt at a drawing is from the front only.
Looking down on it, it resembles a "H" with the top two parts of the "H"
being further apart than the bottom, sort of like this:

|     Engine    |  The top part shown here connects to the water pump
(original location
|               |  for the alternator on a Midget) and the bottom part shown her
holds
|_______________|  the GM alternator. All parts were made from 1 1/2" x
3/16" flat stock
     |         |   steel.
     |  Alt.   |

This is my first attempt at trying to draw something using the keyboard,
so please, after the laughter sunsides, be kind. Hope this helps.

Tom Shirley
Sale Creek, TN (just north of Chattanooga)
71 MG Midget
72 Datsun 510 (the race car)