Chrome Sill Covers

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Chrome Sill Covers
From: Ricko595@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 10:11:27 -0400 (EDT)
Has anyone tried the chrome sill covers on the market? My right side sill has
a 1/2 by 20  inch crease running down it from the front of the door to about
2/3 of the way back. I thought that this might save me being placed at the
mercy of some unscrupulous body shop.(plus save me a few bucks) The ones in
BV are in four pieces and I remember reading in an old catalogue, require
holes to be drilled. In the MGOC club catalogue they show a set that appears
to be one piece and mount through the holes that run along the bottom of the
sill where there are several screws with flat retangular clips orf washers
attached to them. Special Interest carries a set too. Every picture I find of
them is very unclear as to how they are constructed and how they mount. Any
help from someone who has installed a set would be appreciated. Thanks Rick
Suhr