Re: Midget dash switch]

To: boballen@sky.net
Subject: Re: Midget dash switch]
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Richard M Morrison)
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 22:08:53 EDT
On Tue, 20 May 1997 19:39:53 +0100 Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
writes:
>Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 19:39:35 +0100
>From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
>To: DANMAS@aol.com
>Subject: Re: Midget dash switch
>
>DANMAS@aol.com wrote:
>>
>> Pressing the brake switch doesn't tell you that the brakes are
>working, only
>> that the brake failure warning light is working. The brake failure
>warning
>> light is wired to the PDWA -Pressure Differential Warning Actuater -
>switch
>> in the brake lines.
>
>Dan explained it quite well, as usual, but I have never actualy had
>one
>ever do anything useful. Anyone ever had the switch properly diagnose
>brake failure? The really scary part is to pull out the VB catalog and
>price a new one -- eeyow!
>
>Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6

Been there;done that.  Just about everytime I have to do brake work on my
74 Midget, when finished, the brake warning light comes on. That's when I
remember to close the bleed screws I left open.

Seriously, I have had mine come on only twice since acquisition. Once
when I really did leave a bleed screw open slightly, and the second was
when a front brake line split in an emergency stop situation.  When the
pedal went to the floor, I suspected brake failure; the light on the dash
confimed the diagnosis; the A-H 3000 in front seemed to be the likely
recipient of the rapidly approaching problem; the freshly sodded lawn on
the right verified that you can lock the rear brakes if you pull on the
brake lever enough to bend it!!!!

Rick