Re: MG Songs and now books.

To: reecau@whidbey.com, Haynes.Daniel@tci.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MG Songs and now books.
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 10:44:00 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-05-21 00:24:41 EDT, reecau@whidbey.com (Jerry Causey)
writes:

<< ok bought at school.  When I was an
 > elementary child (during the 60's), I bought and read a book called "MG
 > Racer".  It was about a young teenager who bought and raced an MG TC.

 <SNIP> That sounds very much like a juvenile fiction book titled "The Red
Car"  >>

Yup that would be "The Red Car" by Don Stanford published in '54 by Funk and
Wagnalls......I just saw a copy of it at a swap meet at $100!!!   But I was
fortunate in that the Good Man Roger Garnett gave me a paper back copy he had
found.....later, by using a "book searcher" I found on the internet, I got a
hard back copy.  Its a book for teenagers alright but it makes you want to go
out and buy an MG TC....of course if you already have a TA, that thirst is
already slaked!!

Cheers,
Terry