Midget Carb Options

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Midget Carb Options
From: "Benjamin Bouchard" <BenjamB@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 97 12:53:43 UT
I have a '76 Midget with California Carb setup.  Most of the smog "stuff" is
now gone (air pump etc.) and the car usually runs nice.  I have rebuilt the
Zenith - Stromborg carb twice to improve starting but the improvement is
always short lived.

I am considering converting to a Weber downdraft for ease of starting and
running.  Both Moss and Victoria British have $500 conversion kits.

Questions:
1. Does anyone have any experience with these kits?  Anything you would do
differently?  What did you find that was unexpected?
2. Is there any option short of $500?

Thanks,

Ben Bouchard
'76 Midget