Re: Midget Carb Options

To: "Benjamin Bouchard" <BenjamB@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Midget Carb Options
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 23:47:25 -0700
At 12:53 PM 5/22/97 UT, you wrote:
>I have a '76 Midget with California Carb setup.  Most of the smog "stuff" is
>now gone (air pump etc.) and the car usually runs nice.  I have rebuilt the
>Zenith - Stromborg carb twice to improve starting but the improvement is
>always short lived.

Snip...

>2. Is there any option short of $500?

Ben,
As soon as the warranty was up on my `76 I whipped that Zenith thingy off,
gave it the heave-ho and replaced it with a pair of SU's from a `64 wreck I
bought for $300.  Without even a rebuild the SU's and manual choke started
up better than the Zenith EVER did.   Go original.

   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net
/  (___)---------/ (___)        Vancouver, BC, Canada
 1947 MG-TC 3528                1966 MGB-GT