circlips and burn out MGB's

To: "'mg'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: circlips and burn out MGB's
From: Randy Rees <randyr@starwave.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 10:02:45 -0700
Was just finishing the brake rebuild the other night when as I was
putting on the rear brake cylinders I broke the circlip that holds it in
place. Nobody had a clue as where to get new ones locally. Moss and VB
had them for $1.00 plus $5-6 shipping. What a pain. Finally went down to
the local wrecking yard and for the minimum $5 yard charge got me four
of them. 1st , how in the world do put those thing back on? I broke
another one and now down to four total.

As for the other part of this post. While they were pulling the circlips
I walked around and looked for other parts on the MGB's they had. Sad to
see one was a 68-69 that had burned from the inside, dash seats,
everything. probably an electrical fire. Always carry a fire
extinguisher!, it could have saved this MGB from the scrapyard.

on a lighter note, the dash had been burned and had no padding left on
it. For those of you who don't care about originality and who hate the
Nader dash, this one without the padding was all metal and looked really
cool! Definitely different than the metal dash in a pre 67, but cool
looking none the less. clean it up and paint it with wrinkle finish and
wow !