FW: Re: MGA Unleaded

To: mgs
Subject: FW: Re: MGA Unleaded
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 11:21:29 -0600 (MDT)
[BOUNCE mgs@Autox.Team.Net:     Admin request of type /\bsubscribe\b/i at line
5]

     Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 23:11:56 -0400 (EDT)
     From: Mark Moburg <markmoburg@mindspring.com>
     Subject: Re: MGA Unleaded

At 01:40 PM 5/12/97 -0400, you wrote:

>I read quite a lot of fairly dire predictions and a lot of hand-wringing
>about anticipated valve problems with unleaded in the 3 british classic
>car mags I subscribe to.  I think they are overreacting.

        <snip>

>   W. R. Gibbons  Dept. of Molecular Physiology & Biophysics

===Reply===

Amen.  I've read the same baloney in the British classic car mags.  My
question is, if that's the case, kindly explain the (literally) millions of
'60s cars running around here in the U.S. (at least where they don't salt
the roads)?  If it were that big a deal, those cars would've been scrapped
long ago.

My theory?  The mags have advertisers that want to sell parts or machine
shop services & the editors are willing to whip up an artificial crisis to
oblige.

Mark Moburg
markmoburg@mindspring.com

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they're not out to get you."