Re: MGA Unleaded

To: "David Offer" <daveo@moffatt.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: MGA Unleaded
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 18:15:59 -0400
David:
As far as I am aware, leaded petrol is history here in the States.  The
last place I saw it for sale was (of all places) California, and that was
several years ago.  I have been running my  unmodified '66 Austin-Healey
3000 BJ8 and '73 Midget on unleaded petrol for about 10 years now, with no
detectable change in performance.  When I take them on the road, I usually
add a lead substitute to the tank with each fill-up, but otherwise just use
unleaded.  Whenever I do an engine rebuild, I will install the
modifications for unleaded just because it will be convenient then, but not
because unleaded has cause me problems.

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC USA
'66 BJ8    TARHEELY