Re: wiring for weenies

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: wiring for weenies
From: Kelvin Dodd <kdodd@West.net>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 09:37:37 -0700
Trevor:
        I have not run across any helpful diagrams that make life in the
electron lane easier.  Something that has helped me understand the
diagrams is to go after them with white out.  I make multiple copies of
the diagram, then white out the areas that I am not interested in.
Example:  Trace just the ignition circuit wiring (white wire).  White
out everything else.  Then make a copy so it is easy to read (without
the lumps).  By doing this for each major circuit you will get an idea
of how each connects.  Split them up into the following categories.
Lighting  Blue, Blue/white, Blue/red, red
Ignition  White
Fused Ign. Switched  Green, Green w/tracers (red, yellow, white, etc)
Charging.  Brown, Brown/yellow
Switched Negative  Purple

I hope this helps.

Kelvin.