Re: I can name that MG TD part in one guess!

To: Paul Gallian <gallianp@onyx.xtalwind.net>
Subject: Re: I can name that MG TD part in one guess!
From: The English Connection <engconn@pottsville.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 21:40:18 -0400
Paul Gallian wrote:

> I can name that MG TD part in one guess!
>
> Help.
>
>  I have a left-over part.
>
> A rounded corner trapezoid  with two bolt holes at the base and two  at the
>top.
>
> The base is 9 cm,  the more or less 90 degree left side is 10.6 cm,  right
> side is 11.2 cm and the top 3.9 cm.  As you can see (read)  this is almost
> a right triangle with the top cut off. It is about 2-3 mm thick  and FLAT.
>
> It is similar to but not the same as the tail pipe bracket that attaches to
> the transmission.
>
> Any suggestion?  I have looked, looked, and looked in Moss and Abingdon
> catalogs with out success.
>
> +--------------------------------------------------------+
>  "Remember even a kick in the caboose is a step forward."
>                                -- Texas Bix Bender
>
> 1952- MG-TD
> Paul Gallian
> gallianp@onyx.xtalwind.net
> gallian_p@popmail.firn.edu
> http://www.xtalwind.net/~gallianp/index.html

Yes, look all  you like, but you won't find it there, as far as I know.
The piece is the 'backing plate' for the horn mounting bracket and is
situated under the firewall as a "stiffener", if you'll parden the
vulgar turn of phrase, for want of a better word.  There should be two,
one for each horn.  The larger spaced holes are for the horn, and the
other two will line up with various odds and ends depending upon which
side you are working.

Geoff Love.