Re: Gas in the charcoal canister

To: John Middlesworth <jape@email.unc.edu>
Subject: Re: Gas in the charcoal canister
From: Aron Travis <atravis@spacey.net>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 14:42:49 -0700
John Middlesworth wrote:

> I've been working on the 72 that hasn't run in six years.
>
> I hooked up a hose and funnel arrangement to get fresh gas to the carbs

In this situation I use a small 2.5 gallon boat gas tank. They are
under $20 at a local boat shop, and come with a built in gas guage too.
Seems alot safer than a funnel, and if you want to drive the car all
you do is find a place to strap it on and away you go.
Some of these tanks have the outlet on the bottom for gravity feed, or
on the top for pump feed. You can get a hand pump too, to be your own
fuel pump, just a hand squeeze ball type device.
-Aron Travis-
"always in a automotive frenzy"