Re: My Website ( Linux )/Some LBC Content.

To: "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@pil.net>,
Subject: Re: My Website ( Linux )/Some LBC Content.
From: Jay Quinn <jpquinn@cyberramp.net>
Date: Sat, 24 May 1997 15:28:24 -0500
I have a copy of Redhat 4.1 which runs on the lattest version of Linux 2.x
kernal and comes with Apache Webserver, and a host of other Inter/ISP type
goodies.

The Redhat rated the best of the Linux build arounds.  Also, there is a
host of mail lists hosted by redhat in which a world wide community of
admins converse over the such issues as the ones you would.

I made it ready on a PC and put in a Ether segment to my NT server which
was a Token Ring enviro.  Got all the TCP stuff bound the al the NIC's and
it seemed pretty cool.

To setup a web server with Redhat is as easy as installing the software
which was easier with Redhat that straight slackware Linux.

Then I got a Compaq 5000 and NT 4 Server which came with IIS free and I
bought SQL server and quickly dumped Redhat.  It only cost $50.00.

You can buy it from other sites besides Redhat for $3.50, believe it or not.

I'll trade you my copy of Redhat with a book even, for a 4 speed tanny in
good shape that will bolt to a 1275.  Deal?

I'm desparate for a tranny.

--
Jay Quinn       Systems Engineer
jpquinn@cyberramp.net   Pager: 972.319.7611