Re: My MGA Wheels

To: MGs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: My MGA Wheels
From: jon paschke <birdman@lightspeed.net>
Date: Sat, 24 May 1997 14:06:28 -0700
Saman P Perera wrote:

> After my MGA restoration, I noticed that my newly sandblasted and
> painted wire wheels on the back were somewhat warped. This gives that
> gastly sight as you drive the car down the road.
>
> Is there a way to fix this or do I have to buy a couple of old rims and
> restore them again.
>
> Any idea where I can locate a pair of wheels in good shape ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Sam

stan

buy a nipple wrench and have at your spokes-take a wrench or similar
tool and tap your spokes-ones that are flat sounding need tightening-put
one on the front and spin it and check for true -you can do quite a lot
on your own with patience-can't hurt and regular tightning or checking
of the spokes is good maintance.

        jon