Re: MGB-GT Wanted

To: Dave Houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
Subject: Re: MGB-GT Wanted
From: EMILY COWEN <ecowen@cln.etc.bc.ca>
Date: Sat, 24 May 1997 22:34:38 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Dave Houser!!

On Fri, 23 May 1997, Dave Houser wrote:

> The 67, at least, has always been touted as the most desirable early
> -I'm restoring one :>D

My son's '71 is now running, with the '74 engine and o/d transmission
added.  When we "donored" the '74, we saved the doors, just in case.

Upon inspection, we saw that the '74 door has a side impact beam inside
it, and an anti-burst door latch added to the frame.  The '74 steering
column is the collapsible type, so we're also going to use it in the '71
GTas well.

Having seen a car in front of me "T-Bone" some kind of a small ford that
pulled out from the right, I vote for the side impact beams in the
doors.  I got the ignition off, and crawled inside to try to help the
driver to stay still (his broken legs were pinned against the
transmission tunnel).  You wouldn't believe how sweet the sirens
sounded, 'cause I didn't have a hope of getting him out of there.  They
had to open the car up with the jaws of life.

So, our '71 ISN'T original, but is safer for me to drive because us old
farts are subject to the occasional "brain fart" and could get crunched.

TTUL8r, Kirk Cowen