Re: desmogging a B

To: John Middlesworth <jape@email.unc.edu>
Subject: Re: desmogging a B
From: Bob De Weese <bearlock@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 09:47:07 -0400
John Middlesworth wrote:

> If you do all the following to your engine, what system is left to control
> crankcase ventilation?

Okay, now _I_ have a question.  A few weeks ago my smog pump locked up.
I pulled into a local LBC DYS garage (in this case, a bus stop), and
removed the belt.  Amazingly that pesky squealing noise went away.  ;)

My question is;  Will I do any damage (to the car) by driving it this
way?  The car seems to be running fine [knocking on wood] without it.  A
new pump is big bucks so I'd like to put it off as long as possible.
Priorities, you know?

Also;  Can my pump be repaired, and if so, how much should I expect to
pay?

Bobby
--
                                       Bob De Weese
                             Certified Professional Locksmith

*  "The secret to effective communication is knowing what to say, *
*   how to say it, and whom to say it to."                        *