Re: Pondering resurrection of MGB

To: MLishego@aol.com
Subject: Re: Pondering resurrection of MGB
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 09:59:20 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 23 May 1997 MLishego@aol.com wrote:

> No...The funny thing is, jack stands were not used...I had enough space to
> work under the car since the gas tank and bumpers were gone.  I didn't even
> have anything jacked up, I prefer to work without jack stands whenever
> possible...But it leads to dirty shirts!
> ~Mike

That's the same as putting jack stands under the axle.  The axle was
holding up the body of the car, through the essential medium of the
u-bolts.  You removed the u-bolts without making an alternative provision
to hold the body up.  You're lucky you are still with us.  Pardon the
preachy tone, but you could have been killed.

WRG

   W. R. Gibbons  Dept. of Molecular Physiology & Biophysics
                  gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8629