Re: Oil Pressure (Filter Study)

To: boballen@sky.net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Oil Pressure (Filter Study)
From: MLishego@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 17:26:23 -0400 (EDT)
To add to the "all oil filters are not created equal" thread, I have found
Wix to be the best.  After changing the oil in my S-10, previously fitted
with a Fram filter and my Dad's Blazer, with a Wix filter, I cut them both
open and checked the elements.  The Wix filter had about an extra foot of
filter material over my Fram!  I guess I can still learn something from my
old man...8^)
The DPO of my '74 B taught me never to use the bargain brand oil filter.  I
got the wrench on it, started to turn the canister and...crunch!  The filter
collapsed!  After spearing it with a screwdriver, I checked the element in
it...Very sparse...
~Mike, a loyal user of Wix filters!