Re: MGB dwell **solution**

To: Randy Rees <randyr@starwave.com>
Subject: Re: MGB dwell **solution**
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 18:56:49 -0400
Randy Rees wrote:

> Got my answer, I always thought dwell and gap were two separate items,
>
> as I've seen it explained one is static (gap) and one is a dynamic
> (dwell) measurement.
>
> Correct?

 Right on, Randy! It's a fairly simple cause/effect relationship. The
definition of dwell angle is: "the number of degrees of rotation of
ignition distibutor shaft during which contact points are closed."  That
definition was stolen from the book "Auto Service and Repair", Stockel &
Stockel. An excellent source of automotive basics that is used as a text
at many techical schools. Whether lbc or Big Mama Detroit Iron, the
basics are the same.

Bud Krueger
'52TD ( I prefer lbc's)