RE: Volt gauge

To: <JWidell625@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Volt gauge
From: <larry.g.unger@lmco.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 18:02:36 -0400
Joel Widell wrote:

> I've been reading the thread on installing a voltgauge. I have a
> 77 B that I would like to keep somewhat British, but would like
> to install a voltgauge after having had some horrendous Lucas
> electrical problems. Does Smiths make a voltgauge, or did any
> of the other British cars come with a voltgauge that could be
> salvaged and installed in my B?

>From the Moss TR6 catalog ...

760-240  Ammeter (Lucas 36412)  TR5/250
760-330  Ammeter (Lucas 36427)  TR6 B to D
760-390  Voltmeter (BV2213/00)  TR6 E to I

... I've got a guage from a Tr**mph that I acquired from the junk
yard (breaker's yard) many years ago when rummaging for MGA
bits ... It is very similar in appearance to the stock MGA guages
... I'm an OF but seem to recall that it came from a TR4.  Last
time I looked, only the TR6 catalog was available in PDF format
so I don't have anything to reference it to ... will try to grab the
Lucas Part Number when I get home this eve.

Safety Fast! ... larry.g.unger@lmco.com
'61 MGA 1600 MkII Roadster