Re: FW: Help with Engine

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: FW: Help with Engine
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 16:48:46 -0700 (PDT)
> I know that the car is not appropriate
> to this list, but I am told that the
> Sprite is very similar to the Midget.

Tom,
actually this is a better place for Sprite coverage since the Sprite and
Midget are identical and the Healey list mainly covers big Healeys.

> 1.  Engine rebuilt and out of car. Transmission
>     rebuilt and out of car.
>
>       Do I need to put everything back on the
>       engine including the transmission and clutch
>       assembly before installing in car????
>       Also all of the other components, carbs, distributor
>       starter, etc.????

You can install the engine and tranny together or put in the tranny first.
I have only done both at once, but have read that this is the preferred
method by most.  Lining the engine and tranny in the engine bay might be
tricky.
The starter is much easier to get at out of the car, but everything else
you mention you can install later if you want.

> 2.  Do I need to have all components inside the
> bonnet replaced or fixed before replacing the
> engine????  Examples would include rebuilding
> all master cylinders(Clutch and Brake) or is
> everything very accessable after the engine is
> put into the car????

Access to the master cylinders is the same before or after, if your metal
brake lines are crushed or rusted, now is the ime to change them.

Have fun,

                                                           '67 Sprite