Re: Uneven Rear

To: Barry L Christ <bearrobin@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Uneven Rear
From: EMILY COWEN <ecowen@cln.etc.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 23:05:56 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Barry L Christ!!

On Mon, 2 Jun 1997, Barry L Christ wrote:

> I have recently notice that the passenger side rear end of my 1971 is a
> bit lower (1-2") than the driver side rear end. The front looks fine. Is
> this due to a shock problem?

Nope!!  Your shocks in the "B" DON'T support anything; all they do is
restrain, or dampen the rebound of the springs after a bump.  Ever have
one run out of oil?  The car doesn't sag, but it does start that insane
bouncing and lurching when you hit a bump, or pot hole.

Your spring set has begun to fatigue to the point where you notice
the resultant sag.

TTUL8r, Kirk Cowen   (gravity sucks, and rust never sleeps)