Re: Uneven Rear

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Uneven Rear
From: Glenn Schnittke <schnittke@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 1997 16:42:30 -0500
>Barry L Christ wrote:
>>
>> I have recently notice that the passenger side rear end of my 1971 is a
>> bit lower (1-2") than the driver side rear end. The front looks fine. Is
>> this due to a shock problem?
>>
>> Barry Christ
>> 71 MGB "Tori"

I dated a girl with one of those...

You can fix it and get a little more life out of the springs by swapping
them. Start with the rear, see if that does it, then the front - see if that
works. If neither of the sets changes the tilt, try turning the sway bar
end-for-end. Usually the drivers side is the one to sag. If you haven't had
the car long, your DPO may have already done the swap. =:^)

Glenn

Sacred cows make the best hamburger.

Glenn Schnittke                    Recovering Musician
Nashville TN                       615-385-2800
schnittke@mindspring.com