friend's '74B quit and won't restart

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: friend's '74B quit and won't restart
From: Rich Mason <rmason@ro.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 1997 10:41:55 -0500
Fellow MGS listers...

A friend with a '74 MGB just dropped me an e-mail with a problem she is
having - just thought I'd seek the wisdom of the group...

As she "slowed for a turn, the alternator light came on, it died, and wouldn't
restart.  Checked the plugs and distributor, and absolutely no spark coming
off of either."

As I'm at the office and my manuals are at home - I was wondering - does the
coil get it's 12V from a wire common to the alternator?

Thanks,

Rich Mason
'73 B (running fine!)